"Hater Niggas Marry Hater Bitches and Have Hater Kids..."

Today I was talking to one of my dearest and oldest friends, Christina... Christina is the person who always keeps me grounded... always keeps me laughing... always keeps me thinking... even though I haven't seen her in God knows when (completely my fault... LOL) I still feel like we're close simply because I know when I do see her, there won't be any lag... that's just how our relationship is... it's not like family members you haven't seen in a while where there's that whole "so what you been up to lately?" conversation that should lead to 40 minutes of unending updates but ultimately leads to a nonchalant sigh and a "nothing muuuuuuuch man... sheeeeeeet... just LIFE!" and a "worrrrrd... I hear dat" response and just like that, the conversation has come to a standstill...

But I digress...

I was telling Christina about this blog and her first flag went up... "Whoooooooa... you sure you wanna do that...? That could be dangerous... you should keep relationship matters between you and your girl..." I explained to her that it was more of an outlet of all the things involved with my relationship than a brash comedy piece about how much she gets on my nerves... she then explained to me that some hater could catch a whiff of a day when things aren't so pleasant and try to turn that around on me in an attempt to squeeze the happiness out of my home...

First off, FUCK HATERS.

Period... I know some people revel in the hate they give others... nothing's ever good enough... nothing ever tastes sweet enough... no amount of money is enough... they're always the ones that say "It's aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiight but it ain't no __________" To me, it's a truly sad existence... and luckily for me, I can sense haters from a mile away... I'm not always a good judge of people (my track record with women is damn near embarrassing...) but I can sense a hater... it's in their scent... it's in their face... it's in the way they walk, the way they talk... almost nothing gets under my skin as much as a hater ass nigga...

Secondly, HATERS CAN'T MAKE ME DO A MOTHERFUCKING THING...

Me and Nicole have had this conversation before... she feels like bringing other people (read: haters) into our relationship can cause them to get in my ear and convince me that the best thing to do anytime there's a little argument is to leave; therefore, somehow controlling my mind and making me think that I'm not a better man for having met Nicole and that I should be without her and instead, be with them...

Let's stop the nonsense right here... let me go on record here and say that "I love Nicole..." Nothing no person, place, thing, cyborg or alien could do, say, convey or insinuate could make me change that... are there days when I wanna say "Fuck you Nicole!" leave and never allow my Sidekick to dial her number again? Of course... is it because some hater said to do it? No! She's responsible for that mindset at the time... (NOTE: it quickly passes... after a few minutes, I'm back to boyfriend mode and I just want us to stop arguing and get back to being the great couple that we are...)

You have to be a weak-minded individual to let some other person dictate what goes on in your life... I mean it's one thing to take heed to someone's advice... it's quite another to let them manipulate you into doing something you have no business doing... me being the person I am, I tend to analyze, re-analyze, overanalyze situations before I make a decision... my happiness is one of those things that I'm not used to having... it took me a good 22 years to achieve a positive outlook on life (I'm 24, btw...) so the last thing I'm going to do is let someone take that happiness from me...

I almost feel insulted that two of the three women closest to me would think that I would allow such foolishness to occur... but I understand that they have my best interests at heart and only want to look out for me... and for that, I can't help but be grateful and love them even more for it... I understand how some niggas can be "manipulated" (I put that in quotations because I really don't believe that's what it is) into thinking some other chick is better for them than the current one they're fucking with but that's THEIR situation... this is MY life... this is OUR life... I don't mind input but dumb ass comments like "You should just leave her ass... I been feeling you for a while anyway... you should give us a chance... I'm not like her or any of the others" lets me know one thing... you're not a friend or a confidant... you're a filthy, skunk-ass hater...

100.

3 comments:

  1. I was in the middle of writing a blog that touched on this very topic. I was talking to Babybottoms dad today and telling him that I can't stand meddlesome people who try to tell me about him like I don't ALREADY know his weaknesses. Ironic thing is the women who have done this are either single (not by choice), can't keep a man, or just selfish as hell and don't need to be handing out advice to anyone.

    Point is, I'm good with who I'm with until I'm gone and when/if I decide to leave it is ONLY because him and I didn't work out, not because of some geechy mouf batch who can't mind her own pitiful business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly... that's all I"m saying... I don't understand why people act like I'm just so uncontrollably weak that all it takes is for someone to offer to take me off my girlfriend's hands, I'ma just up and leave... LOL... and if I WAS that weak, why would you bother being with me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice I like this pieces and I'm with you on it 100% but I just got to point one thing out: we have a tendency to react in a negative way to something that is told to us when it isnt what we want to hear.

    ReplyDelete