"Counting Sheep Doesn't Work..."

Sleep is underrated... and I say that because you don't realize how much you need sleep until you don't get enough of it...

I am the world's WORST sleeper... well, I take that back... I'm the world's worst sleeper to be around... Nicole is truly a trooper... every night, this woman sleeps next to me and never complains... not even once...

When it comes to sleeping, Nicole and I are polar opposites... Nicole gets cold easily, so at night, she's already under the blanket two seconds after we lay down... she falls asleep quickly, moving maybe once or twice to get comfortable and then she simply sleeps soundly until it's time to wake up the next day...

As for your favorite blogger, Hard Work? LOL... I get HOT easy as hell... and one thing that I cannot do is sleep while I'm hot because I just wake up every five minutes irritable as fuck... so the room HAS to be at least a little cool... this is already a conflict... (we've actually worked out a happy medium though... we keep the ceiling fan on, she sleeps under the covers and I sleep on top until I get cold enough to slip under the covers...) my next issue is falling asleep quickly... I simply can't... no matter how tired I am, I have to lay in bed for at least 45 minutes before I fall asleep and that's a good night... most nights, it's closer to two hours... I just have too many different things swirling around in my head that it's hard for me to just clear my mind and fall asleep... it sucks... the next issue? I move around... ALOT... lol... it just takes a lot for me to get comfortable... my pillow has to be a certain way... my arm has to be a certain way... my head has to lay a certain way or I'm just not comfortable... so while Nicole is over there just laying, I'm moving all over the place, shifting back and forth, turning from side to side, one leg off the bed, then both off the bed, then both BACK ON the bed... just craziness... the next issue is that I can't ever seem to stay asleep... EVER... most nights, I'll knock out only to wake up an hour and a half later, unable to go back to sleep... so I usually get up and go watch TV until I feel sleepy again, four hours later...

The last, most important and most annoying sleeping habit of mine is this: I SNORE... incredibly loud... I get it from my grandmother and for whatever reason, we are the only two people besides my uncle who snore... my uncle's isn't as wall-shaking as the two of us though... we can truly wake the neighborhood up... LOL...

So even with all these differences, Nicole puts up with it just to lay next to the man she loves... the crazy part is she actually HATES when I don't sleep in the bed with her... I think it's insane because if I was a normal person who had to lay next to me, I'd hate myself... I don't know if that made ANY sense but I think ya'll get what I'm saying...

I'm making this post to shout out everybody who puts up with the annoying habits of their significant other... I know it's not always easy but when you make it seem like it is, it makes the relationship that much stronger...

100.

No comments:

Post a Comment